Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This may be the Summer that changes MY LIFE!

So...Today is my first official day of research towards my Literature minor..I'm assisting my amazing Professor of Literature who I will call AK I say first official day because I finally have all 3 books that I need to read to submit papers and bibliographies on sections of each...which will be a lot! whew..but I love literary analysis..always have..I'm a geek, I know..I know..

Anyway my professor and I are not actually meeting...we communicate through skype conference calls. Oh and there are actually 7 of us involved in this research: myself and 2 other women are working on the feminism project while the other group (which consists of 2 members) is working on Postcolonialism and Technology. And finally, we are working with an author from London who we met via Skype in April!

Prof. AK is amazing..in the past few months because of her I actually helped host a 3-day feminist event/discussion and interviewed a director of a successful film. And now we are working with this British author who I will call "Brit"...AK and "Brit" are actually working to publish a book of essays and the feminist group is a part of the project. And, also...we get to work on our own individual research which will be published online via my college and students will actually be able to site me as a source! I'm sooooooooooo excited! :D

Idk no matter how much I try to run from writing and literature it finds me. Ooooo...also I'm revising some poetry, essays, and a play I wrote last Spring and also working on some new ones and possibly a short story but I don't really like writing short stories..they're my least favorite :/ ...anyways, it's all for my portfolio for my writing minor...along with this I'm studying for the MCATs and I'm up for these 2 jobs which I hoooope I get because they pay really well lol but it will be a lot...idk how i'm going to do it all!!! We'll see..I love challenges..I fuss and sometimes get discouraged but I love the pressure of proving myself and accomplishing my dreams...

Besides that I have a few projects I'm working on with my little sister...she really loves fashion and so do I so we're thinking about doing something with that..I'm the big sis so I want to help her get started on her dreams too, hey she's 16 it's NEVER too early..so this should be a eventful and progressive summer for me...

ON TOP OF THAT...I need a great dress for my cousin's wedding..it's in London so you can't go to London and not look amazing right?? RIGHT!! I've been there and it's like a fashion show..so I must look good lol. Umm that's all on my mind for now...

Live. Laugh. Love. & God Bless<3

-- babydoll.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to stalk your blog and hopefully it will inspire me to get off my butt and start my own! (This is Steph Cawley by the way haha.) Also, you're a super talented writer and literary analyst--a way better lit major than most lit majors I know--don't deny the call! So proud and excited you're working on the Postcolonial Studies project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol @ "don't deny the call"....I'm actually kind of sad I didn't major in Litt b/c I have waaaay more allies among the writing/litt staff & students than science lol.. contemplating doing Litt in grad school..it's def a backup if med school tells me i suck lol...anyways, do blog steph!!! i love your writing :)

    ReplyDelete